Welcome to our E3 equipment links page. CLICK THE PICTURES FOR DIRECT LINKS TO ITEM.
This page allows students to purchase their essential tools required to start engraving. It is recommended that students attend class before purchasing. Students will see the tools listed below in a practical setting and understand the significance of each tool.
E3 Engraving does not own or is affiliated with any seller. The list provided below are products that have been selected and reviewed by E3 to be cost effective, uphold good product rating, not a duplicate (fake), and seller maintains respectable ratings.
Amazon is recommended for their easy return policy, which ebay does not provide. Please be aware of cheaper models and fakes elsewhere, saving a buck can ruin your long term goals. Also see links to Lindsay and GRS web site pages for product information, price, and order.
Click pictures for direct link to items on AMAZON. Please message us if link is expired, we will try our best to keep it updated.
E3 Certified upgraded machines. Internal upgrades make this model the hardest hitting machine for heavy metal engraving we could create in the world. Made exclusively for E3 Engraving.
Gravers (pre shaped by E3) can also be purchased from web site link.
“Graver Helper” Engraving Machine from Amazon. This is a similar looking cheaper model machine that E3 upgrades and sells in class. This is the recommended machine for engraving into hard metals. It is an older version of the engraving machine originally manufactured by GRS. Good impact for heavy metal engraving. Not recommended for fine jewelry or intricate engraving art work. Rated from 100- 4000 SPM although it states 100-8000 SPM. 2 Black Plastic ended handpieces. Included handpieces don’t engrave as hard or deep as a professional handpieces, but are a good way to practice technique. E3 recommends upgrading the handpieces, and if interested in attending a class, purchase your machine after you see the internal differences between the E3 Upgraded Machines and those found on Amazon.
Engraving Machine from Amazon. Engraves similar to the Graver Helper machine, found above, but with less power, but is also rated from 100 – 8000 SPM, giving more freedom to engrave at higher speeds. This machine does not hit as hard as E3 Machines but are still very good for the average engraver.
Aluminum handpiece sold separately from Amazon. Recommended if not purchasing the GRS 901 series handpiece. This is the most popular and diverse handpiece design used by many professional engravers today. This handpiece is included with E3 Engraving Machines and the Upgraded Engraving Machines found on Amazon. They are not included with the lower cost Graver Helper found on above link from Amazon.
Never allow moisture to enter handpiece, mostly due to internal piston rust. Open and lightly oil about once a month.
Extra Collets can be purchased here: 5.9mm Handpiece collet (For E3 Handpiece): https://ebay.us/
STEALTH brand 1HP/4Gal Ultra Silent Air Compressor. Roll-away with retractable handle. The best air compressor E3 uses in class is this air compressor. Very silent and strong, perfect for the demanding air required for engraving. Upright design saves space while the duel tanks support the user perfectly.
Don’t try and purchase a regular air compressor, you’ll be giving every excuse not to engrave due to the loud volume of regular air compressors.
Pneumatic Blue 6mm OD 4mm ID Polyurethane Air Hose Kit 10 Meter Hose, various fittings. Perfect hose for engraving handpiece.
- Flexible, High Elasticity To Restore Memory Effect, folded Without Creases, And The Hand Feels High Toughness. Light Weight, Abrasion Resistance, Chemical Corrosion Resistance, Non-toxic, Odorless, Low Pressure Loss, Better Flexibility Than Nylon Pipe, Easy Pipeline Transportation.
Ultra Quiet Air Compressor
This compressor has the minimum recommended power for engraving. Smaller units can be used, but keep in mind engraving takes a lot of constant air, pushing smaller units to the limit. Most importantly, any weaker compressor will make the Chicago Scribe pen suffer in performance.
22 Pieces Air Compressor Accessories kit, 3/8 inch x 25 ft Hybrid Air Compressor Hose Kit, 1/4″ NPT Quick Connect Air Fittings, Tire Inflator Gauge, Heavy Duty Blow Gun, Swivel Plugs
If you have adapters and extra hose, this kit is only selected for those who are just starting and have no adapters.
Chicago Pneumatic 9361 Scribe Pen. Used for making background shading. The Chicago Pneumatic is the only choice for creating spectacular shine and lev
el shading. It is the only scribe pen that reacts to metal to give an even shade.
Don’t try to save a buck here, this is the only pen E3 recommends for Heavy Metal Shading. We review all the fakes and duplicates in class and demonstrate why this pen is required to elevate your engraving product.
Oil pen daily.
8 Gallon silent Air-Compressor
- Comes complete with Wheel Kit & Air Filter | No hose included | Consider you will need a ¼” Universal / Industrial Male Quick Connector to attach your hose to the air compressor
- Product dimensions – 26″ L x 14″ W x 23” H | Max Pressure – 120 PSI | Voltage – 110V / 60 Hz | Min running watts – 2500 | Noise level – 60 dBA | Max Continuous run time – 30-60 min (depending on PSI & CFM) | Low Amp Draw – 8.5 Amps
- Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs | Powerful 1.0 HP (Rated / Running) 2.0 HP (Peak) Motor
- The large 8.0 Gallon Steel Air Tank is Lightweight (48 lbs) and the wheel kit makes it very easy to transport
- The Oil-Free pump allows for use in a variety of temperatures and uneven terrains | This air compressor is ideal for anyone working inside where noise is a major issue
Die Grinder. Scribe Pen 1/8″ Shank. Used as a rotary. Dremel brand rotaries can burn out due to electrical motor. Dremel’s are very limited due to size and function. This Scribe works off of air, and does not have an internal motor to burn out. It’s the top choice for E3 engraving.
Inexpensive and lasts forever. Be sure to oil pen daily.
5″ Ball Vise Engraving Setting Tool Full Pins Set Rubber Base for Engraving Block Jewelry 34 pc Attachment Standard Block Diamonds Engraving Setting DIY Tool Full Set
GRS Blank Tungsten Carbide blank graver. Very strong, easy to shape and can last a long time. GRS is the premier brand when referring to metal engraving. *This graver is 3/32″ inches thick. This graver is only recommended for ease of ordering from AMAZON, otherwise Lindsay brand gravers are superior. All GRS gravers do not fit the handpiece, they tend to be larger, please ensure when ordering that the size is 3/32″ inch.
Drill Arbor Mandrel for Diamond disks. Holds diamond sharpening disks in place while attached to drill press.
Direct drive mini drill press
- Can be widely used model, wood boards, plastic sheeting, aluminum, composite panels, resin panels, thin metal, circuit boards, precision machining of hard materials and other non-specific drilling.
- Is hardware processing, mold making, document binding, electronic manufacturers, scientific experiments and other units of the ideal tool.
- This mini drill press with 6-Speed ranges. You can drill precise holes with this product and it is great for small and precise work. It is easier to use and more accurate than hand-held drills. It is useful for jewelers, woodworkers, mechanics, hobbyists, home, workshop, arts and crafts.
- Infinite speed selection within the machine’s six speed ranges(0-2800r/min).
Tungsten Carbide Rotary burr set. Used to create round burrs in metal with the air scribe pen. Shapes can be utilized to create patters and most importantly diamond cutting of edges.
Ensure the burr’s are Tungsten Carbide. There are ones that are Hardened steel or HSS (High Speed Steel), which aren’t as durable when using it to shave hard metal.
6″-length clamps with extra-wide 2.5″ jaw-opening.
In-Line Air/Oil Filter. Recommended to be placed between air compressor and engraving machine. 2 filters are recommended (one external, and the one attached to the engraving machine)
In-Line Air/Oil Filter. Used for in-line filtering of air and oil from air compressor. This is a popular design at E3 because it is sturdy and can be easily attached to air hose
Cricut Explore Air 2. Used to create vinyl stencil and stickers. Machine is recommended for engravers who will do a lot of font and picture type engraving
GENERAL INTERNATIONAL 6″ Bench Grinder
– 1/3 HP Benchtop Grinding Machine with 3400 Max RPM & Twin LED Worklights. Used to polish and finish metal to a shine. Replace the stone wheels with cotton wheels found at the bottom of this list. Utilize the brown compound first, then the white for a chrome like finish. use the Brown with the yellow pad and white for the fluffy white pad.
The QC 720 Handpiece from GRS features high-quality construction and is great for wood carving, very heavy metal engraving, or hammering. This handpiece provides a powerful impact.
The only HEAVY METAL engraving handpiece recommended by E3 Engraving. There is no comparison, this is the best handpiece for deep engraving. Not used for intricate or delicate parts/metals.
This is purchased from GRS web site, E3 has no affiliation, we just recommend their product..
The QC 710 Handpiece from GRS features stainless steel construction and is perfect for stone setting, hammering, and medium-to-deep engraving. This handpiece provides an ergonomic handle grip for more comfort. It is best used for mid-range to heavy techniques and has a wide range of power.
Professional Grade Gaffer Tape 2″x30 Yards, Floor Tape for Electrical Cords Cable Tape, Non-Reflective Matte Finish Gaff Tape, No Residue Multipurpose Black Gaffers Tape 2 inch
Master Airbrush Gravity Feed Air Abrasive Eraser and Etching Airbrush Kit – Mini Sandblaster Etcher Gun with 1/2 oz. Cup, 0.5 mm Tip, Hose – Etch Glass Designs, Strip Paint, Remove Rust, Weathering
The absolute best solenoid for your automotive hydraulic system.
- Designed for Intermittent High Amperage Hydraulic Systems
- Single-Pole 24 volt switch wire activation with included wingnut
- Upgraded Spring and Contact Points reduce arcing (hydraulic motor remains “stuck” in the “on” position)
- Used in series for High Amperage Lowrider Hydraulic Systems
- Color: Black (not an off colored brown) with REAL Chrome cap
- 5/16″ Inch USA Fine Thread
- “LS” is a United States Trademarked Logo, labeled to ensure Genuine Lowrider Solenoid Products
- For off-road use only, Do Not Purchase if searching for an automotive starter solenoid. Design may look identical, but these solenoids are specifically engineered for off-road hydraulic electrical systems and require 24volts to activate.